Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What's Jon Gibson Up To?

Have you ever just lost track of a favorite artist? A friend of mine introduced me to the work of Jon Gibson a few years ago, but I haven't heard much from him lately. Turns out, he's on MySpace. Here's a link to his page, where you can view footage of a recent performance. You can also listen to my favorite Jon Gibson song, "Fly With the Wind." During a really crummy, difficult period in my life, I recorded that song over and over on both sides of a cassette I'd listen to whenever I got in the car. I still listen to that song whenever I need to believe that I can triumph over tough times.

Anyway, it's good to know that he's around, and doing well. Now, if I could just find out what Chris Willis is up to . . .

Update: Well, OK. Mystery solved.

No comments: