Sunday, January 21, 2007

Trudy Pitts and 'Mr. C'

I often run into interesting music stories I'd like to share with my GospelGal.com readers. But between a lot of busyness lately (and working on--wait for it--a full-scale relaunch of GospelGal.com), a lot of those great stories have piled up in my inbox.

Here's one of those stories:

Trudy Pitts and 'Mr. C,' Partners in Music: A beautiful story of life, love and music between jazz organist Trudy Pitts and drummer Bill Carney, who have been together for 50 years. I love hearing stories like this. Listen to their gentle disagreement about their anniversary, their unabashed, everyday romanticism and their description of "instant improvisation." I enjoyed Ms. Pitts' interpretations of "Jesus Loves the Little Children" and "Jesus Loves Me." You can hear more of their music on the NPR site, buy their CD here, and find out more about them (and hear even more clips) here.
image credit: www.trudypitts.com

No comments: